Embedded Linux Services
At WorkWare Systems we take a disciplined, process-oriented approach to embedded development. We embrace modern best practice tools and techniques such as source code management, issue tracking and documentation standards. This allows us to deliver high quality solutions within realistic time and budget constraints. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
WorkWare Systems has built significant experience in the design and development of high quality embedded systems. Our rigorous approach to embedded software development allows us to construct superior solutions to complex problems. For many of these solutions, Embedded Linux has been an ideal fit. Linux includes support for a broad range of CPU architectures, SOCs and hardware components. With access to source code for both the kernel and many open source applications, the use of Embedded Linux provides a low cost, high value approach to embedded development. We have extensive experience with:
- Various CPU architectures: x86, arm, sh, m68k
- Both MMU and no-MMU systems
- Common Embedded Linux components and distributions: uClibc, busybox, openssl, uClinux
- A variety of boot loaders: RedBoot, uboot, blob, dBUG
- Development of Linux device drivers for a range of hardware
Our Embedded Linux accomplishments include:
- Designed and implemented a message passing control system at the heart of a wireless conference phone.
- Designed and implemented a device driver for working with the Silicon Labs si3050 DAA using the HSS port on the XScale (ARM) IXP425.
- Modified an existing bootloader to support dual booting between multiple kernels to allow network upgrades of kernels and a failsafe boot.
- Developed a factory-test image to perform hardware testing and board initialisation during production of an embedded linux-based system
- Added support for reading and writing the alarm setting on the PCF8563 RTC
- Integrated support for FEC MII bit-bang access on the m68k Coldfire platform into the Linux 2.6.20 kernel